Fitness Exercise – Strengthen Your Shoulders
Shoulder is the most moveable and unstable joint in the body. That “ball” in the upper arm is actually larger than the socket that holds it, and with the range of motion being so great, it is susceptible to injury. Your largest shoulder muscle is called your deltoid, which actually forms the bulk of what most people think of as their shoulder. The muscle that runs from your shoulder to your lower neck is your trapezius But what most people injure is one of a series of small muscles around the shoulder blade collectively known as the rotator cuff. Therefore, it is very important to make sure these soft tissues are strengthened to keep the shoulders strong, flexible, more coordinated, and conditioned to handle stress. Here are a few popular shoulder exercisess: that are the effective for building shoulder strength. You must, however, do them correctly.
Fitness Exercise – Lateral Raises
- Lateral Raises is the best shoulder exercises to build side deltoids. With this shoulder exercises you can build middle head of deltoid muscle. You can perform this fitness exercise using a pair of dumbbells.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and bring the weights together in front of you. The palms should be facing each other.
- Now bend your elbows and raise the dumbbells to your sides.
- Lift them to a point slightly higher than your shoulders. Don’t just swing your arms. Keep controlled motion throughout the shoulder exercises.
- Now lower the dumbbells in a controlled manner back to the starting position.
Fitness Exercise – Front Dumbbell Raise
- This shoulder exercises helps you build muscle mass in the front head of deltoids
- Stand straight with a dumbbell in each hand. Let the dumbbells hang in front of you with back of your hands facing forwards.
- Raise one dumbbell in front of you till it reaches just above shoulder level.
- Now lower the weight while raising the left in front of you
- Repeat it with the other hand. you can do 8-12 repetitions. Note: This shoulder exercises can also be done both arms at a time called double dumbbell front rises.
Fitness Exercise – Shoulder Fly
- Stand, holding weights in hands.
- Bend slightly at hips.
- Lift arms up and back, as shown
- Return to start position and repeat.
Fitness Exercise – Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press is an excellent shoulder exercises to build front and side deltoid muscles. Sit at the end of a flat bench holding a dumbbell in each hand with palms facing forward.
- Lift the dumbbells overhead until they nearly touch at the top and then lower them as low as possible.
- Fell a good stretch at the bottom and then continue with the next repetition.
Fitness Exercise – Seated Shoulder Press
- This shoulder exercises is the best shoulder muscle mass builder. The emphasis is more on front and side deltoids. You can use either a Machine or Free weights to perform Shoulder Press. Free Weights are the best way.
- Sit on an shoulder exercises bench and grab a bar with overhand grip.
- Press the weight above the head.
- Lower the bar under controlled motion until it reaches back to starting position.
Fitness Exercise – Points To Remember
- Remember to exhale while you exert.
- Keep a controlled motion and avoid jerky movements
A note of caution: The information in this article is intended for informational purposes only. It should not be considered as, or used in place of, medical advice or professional recommendation for an shoulder exercises regimen. Every individual should consult his/her physician prior to beginning any program consisting of diet and/or exercise.
Fitness Exercise – Upright Rows
- Upright rows are an excellent fitness exercise to Build huge Trapezius muscles.
- Hold a bar with a narrow overhand grip and let it hang in front of you.
- Lift the bar and get it as close as possible to the chin using your arms and elevating your shoulders to squeeze your trapezius muscles.
- Now lower the bar under controlled motion until it comes back to starting position.
Fitness Exercise – Diagonal Raise
- Sit or stand, arm at side.
- Hold weight in hand, palm forward.
- Lift arm upward and across body to opposite shoulder, bending elbow, ending with palm inward.
- Return to start position and repeat.